Aromatherapy massage combines a gentle, relaxing massage with the therapeutic effects of natural essential oils from plants.
What is it?
It is an ancient holistic treatment that dates back to the Egyptian times. Egyptians, roman’s and greeks all realised the many benefits of utilising the oils for medical purposes.
Aromatherapy involves the use of oils to promote relaxation and good health. Some oils are stimulating, some relaxing, some are good for muscular aches. Many of the oils contain properties such as inflammatory, anti viral etc, which can be used to improve health and prevent disease.
The list of treatable conditions and benefits of aromatherapy is endless. Aromatherapy can be tailored to address your specific needs.
- Stimulates immune system (strengthens resistance to disease)
- helps with insomnia and poor sleep patterns
- Help with fatigue (including chronic and M.E)
- Especially helpful for women’s problems menstrual, p.m.s
- Eases muscular aches and pains – promotes muscle relaxation
including before and after sports and workouts
- Improves circulation and lymphatic drainage. So helps to eliminate toxins and cellulite
- Helps alleviate arthritic and rheumatic pain
- Helps the respiratory system with coughs, asthma and sinusitis
- Helps with anxiety, stress, depression, and nervous tension